Patrick J. McDermott
Patrick (“P.J.”) McDermott joined the firm of McDermott & Bonenberger in 1996.
Mr. McDermott is a life-long resident of Wheeling, Ohio County, West Virginia. He attended and graduated high school from Linsly Institute in Wheeling and attended Wheeling Jesuit College, where he graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature in 1992. Mr. McDermott received his Juris Doctorate degree from the Thomas M. Cooley School of Law in the fall of 1996.
Mr. McDermott’s practice is a broad one, including the areas of real estate, estate planning, wills and trusts, business law and litigation.
Mr. McDermott is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts within the state of West Virginia and the United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, where he has argued successfully.
Mr. McDermott is a member of the Ohio County and West Virginia Bar Associations.
Mr. McDermott is very involved in the local community and has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Wheeling Area Soccer Association, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of youth soccer, as well as a member of the Board of Directors of the Wheeling Area Lacrosse Association, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of youth lacrosse.
Mr. McDermott resides in Wheeling, West Virginia, with his wife, Kathleen, and their two children, Sarah and Ethan.
- Breiding v. Wilson Appraisal Servs., 2016 U. S. Dist. LEXIS 37422
- Barr v. NCB Mgmt. Servs., 227 W. Va. 507 (2011)
- United States v. Metz, 791 F. Supp. 2d 533 (2011)
- Barr v. NCB Mgmt. Servs., 2010 U. S. Dist. LEXIS 99396
- Barr v. NCB Mgmt. Servs., 2010 U. S. Dist. LEXIS 98544
- Lackawanna Transp. Co. v. PSC of W. Va., 2010 U. S. Dist. LEXIS 24624
- Lackawanna Transp. Co. v. PSC of W. Va., 2010 U. S. Dist. LEXIS 48068
- Lackawanna Transp. Co. v. PSC, 2008 U. S. Dist. LEXIS 105084
- State Auto Prop. & Cas. Ins. Co. v. Paul Wissmach Glass Co., 2006 U. S. Dist. LEXIS 12652